A 2 hour children’s cooking course
What? A 1.5 hour cooking class for children over 8 with take home creations
Who? For children over 8 years old (recommended age maximum 14)
This is a 1.5 hour cooking lesson that covers basic knowledge in food safety and hygiene. we discuss expectations while at the culinary kitchen including how we should conduct ourselves safely in the kitchen. If time allows, they will practice basic knife cuts.
- Develop basic cooking skills
- Learn about safety in the kitchen
- Learn about nutrition and wellbeing
- Improve social skills by working with others (eg. Listening, co-operating )
- Build confidence and sense of self esteem
- Improve dexterity and fine tune knife skills
- Take home creations to share with family members
The finer details
Spaces are limited to 8 children each session and will only run when a minimum of 4 children are enrolled.
In all lessons children will work individually on their dish, not sharing tasks. dish will be take home at the end of their lesson and will require containers to get their goods home. We will have disposable containers available for purchase but encourage our Mini Masterchefs to bring two medium sized ones from home each week ready to fill!